CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Preparation for Goodbye


After sixty
Everything is preparation
For goodbye.

This came to me
While gazing at the lines
Of a fully restored ’40 Lincoln.
Thinking about it
It is not terribly old
Compared to Roman chariots
In the museum in London.

The magic is
That in such few years
We have streamlined
And techno-wizarded the hell
Out of our vehicles.
That gives the older ones a unique place
Behind velvet ropes.

My lines are not sweeping
And any chrome I had
Is long-ago busted and gone.
My beautiful interior
Is shabby, worn and faded.
I may deserve a rope
But I’ll never merit a velvet one.

Something about that ’40 Lincoln
Settles a sad note
In my heart and mind.

Seems
I’m learning
The language of goodbye.

0 comments: