CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Scattered


Long ago I scattered
to the dusty corners
of the Earth
all the debris you left.

over there I threw the memories
of the softness of your touch
and the lightening
of your fingers.

beneath powerful ocean tides
I secured weights to your kisses
that they might never rise
to sweeten Earth's sands into sugar.

deep inside mighty ancient stones
of the Sangre De Christos
I buried the secret memories
of the love we made.

high above thin altitudes
of Arizona skies
I diluted every promise
we made to one another.

into the ancient ice of Antarctica
I buried your tender words
frozen and forgotten
that they have no draw upon me.

within the caldrons of earth's
twisting and surging iron core
I turned to ash every unsecured hope
of seeing you again.

but I did not understand
that nothing created ever
fully goes away.
when I awoke this morning...

...all the trash I took out last night
lay scattered across my heart once again.

0 comments: