CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 23, 2019

Ominous

Ominous



I examined ominous tracks in the snow
And it didn’t take long to see
What every shepherd knows.
 
So I went for my  shotgun
And a box of solid shot
And waited for the going down of the sun.
 
The tracks circled my sheep
So I kept real quiet
Careful not to make a peep.
 
All night I huddled in the cold
With no fire to show
Sure to check those critters, bold.

I watched the moon creep through the trees
As I huddled in the snow
Freezing, down on my knees.
 
Along about three in the morning
The wolves crept stealthily in
With nary a call out of warning.
 
But I was wide awake and ready
With my weapon in my hand
nerves like steel, and steady.
 
You can drop by any time you'd like
And I’ll show you the pelts out in the barn.
They aren’t there as a trophy to any hunt.

So as not to keep you in the fog
I want to be crystal clear.
You see, a wolf is just a wolf
…but I am the sheep dog.

0 comments: