CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

the rope*


 I had no calculation on its
stress factor.
it was given to me long ago
and I've used it ever since.

some of it has frayed
and those bits I cut away
forgetting about them.
it still appeared as strong
as ever.

...but then the rope broke.

the end came suddenly
and I've been thinking
of synonyms ever since.

swiftly.
immediately.
quickly.
fast.

and I don't even know
if it broke on my end
or the other.

it was of no matter
whether I used good
sturdy gloves
or observed proper procedures
for securing the rope efficiently.
 
when a rope breaks
there is no hint
it will happen.
it simply fails
and you die.

I am as surprised as you.
not devastated
because we all know
there comes the sudden
separation
and the fatal fall.
but knowledge is not equated
with preparation
with readiness.

there are no questions
that, if answered
will fix everything
and make for
a happy ending.

it is simply over.
it is done.
finished.
beyond help.
terminal.

...the rope broke.

* Please understand. This is not about a rope. Think about it.

0 comments: