CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Scalded Land

Scalded Land



I have been long-spinning
on my axis
losing connection to all the familiar
orientations.

They have renegotiated every syntax
of established speech
until I no longer communicate in all
the natural
definitions and intentions.

the portion of honor
I should have been awarded
has withdrawn
and nobility and distinction
have been replaced
by crass jingoism.

On every corner lurk visions
of ages past.
We step around them with no will
to acknowledge
they once lived and loved
in this space
they have demolished
in favor of a fast food place
and a parking lot.

They neither stand for
nor salute
any banner
save that directing their attention
to the latest something they are convinced
we cannot
must not
do without.

This is not my home.
it is but scalded land
awaiting the pile driver.

0 comments: