CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

My Truth


I have treasure I've buried
and a verse that I keep.
I'm a pirate and poet
and I rarely can sleep.

I'm both lover and hater
and often don't know what I feel
I'm up to the hubs
and uncertain what is real.

If you ask me I'll tell you
even if I have to make it up.
I'm both turtle and coyote.
I'm a tiger, but then, just a pup.

I've been down every road
both gravel and interstate.
Life has taught me to keep moving
and always underestimate.

You may think me strange
and more than a little odd
but I've always known my structure
made from iron and sod.

I am, by definition, a mystery
and can be hard to pin down.
You may look for my smile
but I'll burn you with my frown.

A paradox is what I am.
I'm a human, just like you.
My truth is not always in what I say.
My truth is in what I do.

0 comments: