CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2013

An Old Rebel

I am an old rebel
And recalcitrant at that.
I have no will
No compelling motive
To conform to your standard
To do it your way.

If I can find a path
Around you
I’ll take it.
If there is no way
I’ll forge one.
If I cannot bypass you
I will go through you.

Let me be clear:
I need no stated reason
To rebel.
Rebellion is not only
What I do
It is who I am.

I am the one
With clenched fist
Against the dawn.

I am he
Weeping bitterly
Who cries aloud in protest
Because I do not accept
Nor will bend my knee
To your reason
And carefully constructed
Explanations.

I am a rebel.
I was born a rebel.
I will die a rebel.
When I do
Do not bury me in your quiet
Little bone yard.

Cast my carcass in the tide
That every day
All night long
Until the very last
I may wash up on your shore
To ever remind you
I will never go away.






1 comments:

Ron said...

I especially like this one.