CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

There Be Dragons

Everything unknown
Occasion shudders.
Not just next year
Month
Week or day
But there is
A certain uncertainty
Pregnant in my next breath.

Please do not misunderstand.
I am not a “Scare-de-cat.”
I tend to run to the roar
And have requisite scars
As proof.

Those who gird up their loins
In anticipation of danger
Will testify.

Tomorrow is less mysterious
Than the next moment.

The stench and tang
Of a burning fuse
Is more frightful
Than the detonation to follow.

You must trust me on this.

The step into midair
From a lofty precipice
Is far more disturbing
Than the tumble to follow.

There must be science to this phenomena.

I track everything dangerous.
I make myself aware
Of probable pain
In any denomination.
But most things perilous
Remain hidden
Veiled
And cannot be marked
Or pegged as a hazard.

It has always been thus.

I warn you
Fellow traveler
I caution you
Fellow pilgrim.
Heed me.

Beyond here there be dragons.

0 comments: