CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Baptism

Fog and rain join
To birth a soft silence
Muted tones so still
I hear my heart beating.

Traffic sighs from the streets
Busses belching diesel.
Puddles along the curb
Invert the world in monochrome.

Leaning against a doorpost
I swallow fresh air
Heavy with ozone
And the scent of damp earth.

I wish my hands were full
Wish my heart was full
My life full
Filled with purpose and meaning.

But this is not so bad.
Better to have one chance
Than none.
Better a little hope
Than none.
Better blurred vision
Than blindness.

Better fog and rain
Than fire and ice.

Empty pockets remind me
I am clothed.
Hunger reminds me
I live.
A headache assures me
I feel.
Even traffic reminds me
There are places to go.

I allow the rain to soak my bare head
A baptism in resolve.

0 comments: