CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 8, 2013

To Readers Who Ask About my Mystery Woman……

First, I sincerely thank you for your amazing comments on my poetry. You encourage me more than you may realize.

Secondly, I must say there is little more I can tell you about my “Monarch;” my “Darling.” I promised her she would always remain in hushed solitude among the chapters of my life story. All I can tell you is that she was a tremendous source of joy and wonder to me in what was the darkest times of my life. I have had no communication from her for thirteen years. I often wonder her whereabouts; what course her life has taken; if she is happy. She taught me that life has meaning, even when it is at its most bleak. She showed me that the most incredible pleasure may be had even in a touch, or in her eyes. She would stay on the phone with me while sharing the beauty of a golden sunset. Her waters flowed deep. Though a very private person, when alone, would share everything freely. She was almost shy, until suddenly she was not. She was surprising; her laugh the tintinnabulation of bells. Her's was the most cherished of loves and friendship. I wish she could have stayed, but she could not. While that was devastating to me, I supported her need to follow her heart. I wonder whether she reads my work here. Sometimes I feel she does. I hope so. But she probably does not. I know there is no chance of rekindling our lost flame. Life moves us beyond that which has passed, opening new doors as it seals old ones. My poetry reflects the wonder of her, and a time moving always further away. I wonder what she looks like today (beautiful, I am sure); how her life is going. I think of her, and the time we had. I think of her all the time.

Monarch…if you are reading this…...well…...you know.

~~~ James

0 comments: