CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our Nasty Zen*

Have a cup of coffee
Maybe some eggs and toast
With me.
(We can talk of the course
Of our lives
And the distance ‘tween you and me.)


Yes, it looks like rain.
Been a long, hard winter
Too.
(But what I’d like to ask
Is what the hell happened
To me and you?)


Sure, I’ll get some sugar
And some more cream
For your cup.
(But how do I delicately
Probe, beyond the arcane
“Whas’ up?”)


Yeah, that’s my new truck
Parked out there
In the lot.
(Do I dare ask how you are?
That’s too intimate a question
So I guess not.)


Tell me about the kids
And all the surface
News.
(I’ll pretend to show interest
About your Caribbean
Cruise.)


So, your husband got promoted
And a new red ‘Beemer
Got him rollin’?
(I’d rather hear about his
Prostate and trouble
With his colon.)


Yeah. It’s been great.
We need to do this
Again.
(But in my heart I know
It’s karma, and this our
Nasty little Zen.)


*Sometimes poetry is just fun!

0 comments: