CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Lion or the Fawn

The angels hold my yesterdays
God holds my tomorrows.
Both look to my security
But I to my sorrow.

Who am I to understand
The workings of my heart?
Who am I to know
Where wrath gets its start?

I’ve become an angry man
Ready for a fight
And less home in high noon
Than in the veil of night.

I’m able with a weapon
Of any caliber or size.
I’ve learned how to keep
The element of surprise.

But tactical training
And strategic skill
Only add to the conflict
Of a man who won’t kill.

I’ve been a target
Most of my life
But I don’t want to use
A gun or a knife.

Do not mistake my reticence
There’s rage deep beneath.
It's secreted within
Like a blade in a sheath.

Please pray for a lion
Who'd rather be a fawn
But refuses to be used
Like the devil’s own pawn.

0 comments: