CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Danger of Love

I try not to think
To revisit memories
Inspired by
Fallen leaves
And crisp air.

Why incite pain?

It’s better to
Drink stout coffee
Allow hunger
To occupy my thoughts
Or absorb myself in books
Devoid of romance.

Still…
The decision to engage
In a fast
From memory
Is never completely effective.

Yesterday
A little red Pathfinder
Like she drove
Turned a corner
In front of me
And I was taken back
To moments within that vehicle
Whose steamed windows
Veiled our embrace.

A scent in the fall air
Reminded me of an afternoon
Walking with her by the university.

There are too many hidden mines
That explode reminders of her
All over my mind and heart.

That is the danger of love.

It never ends.
Even when it does.

0 comments: