CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Man of Contradiction

I’ve been always in the sun
And usually in the rain.
Most days I feel fine
But mostly I’m in pain.

A cane helps me walk
But a good run helps me sleep.
I give the devil his daily due
And God my soul to keep.

I’m an evil, virtuous man
That isn’t worth a damn.
But somewhere deep inside
I’m God's gentle little lamb.

I’ve carved my name deep
On the very gate of hell
Then climbed up high to heaven
To ring the angel’s bell.

I am a foolish, wizened man
And a man of contradiction.
I only tell the truth
Except when I tell fiction.

My story ain’t worth a damn
But surely you should hear it.
I start the tellin' every night
But when I start, I quit.

Every midnight I think
I really should go home
But then I think again
And start once more to roam.

My enemy, I’ll be your friend
And we’ll have fun together
Until the morning dawns
When I’ll be your fair-weather.

0 comments: