CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Night Road

Hours were ours
On that night road
To Atlanta.

You weren’t aware
Of my fascination
With the play of light
Over your face
Like moonwash
Teasing a lake.

Street lamps at crossings
Back lit your hair golden
Railroad signals
Blazed your face scarlet
Starlight whispered
Through wisps
At your temples
While we spoke of things
Low and mighty
Or sang along with
Distant AM signals.

The whole night
I was mapping your face
By the luminous array
Of dashboard lights.

When we finally approached
Sherman’s tinderbox
The east was awakening
To a rosy patina
That dawned first
Across your forehead
Brightening your eyes
Lifting your chin
The way it must
Across the wonder of our home
From the ebony of space.

These years later
I don’t remember why we went
I’ve lost the reason for our going…
But every blush and blaze
Across your sweet face
I remember.

0 comments: