CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Bit Sad Today

Dear Readers,
I'm a grown man (a groan man, too)....but I'm an unashamed "Daddy's Boy." My pa was a WWII vet, in the ETO (some will understand), a survivor of the Bulge; a gunner in a half track nicknamed "Climax", assigned to the 2nd Armored, "Hell on Wheels" Division.
After the war, he often worked from dawn to far beyond dark to feed and clothe his small family. I always wanted to be like my dad. I am not. Not even a little. But my dad is my hero. I have one of his dog tags dangling from the mirror of my big, red Ram. My little brother has the other.
This is my dad's 94th birthday, though I lost him in his 80th. His absence pains me even now. I dream of him regularly, though he never talks...just like real life.
So, as the rain weeps beyond my window, I weep beyond his touch. I guess I just needed to release this to the universe today.

Thanks for reading....james

0 comments: