CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Erosion

You struggle
To recall my face
Although my eyes
You cannot forget.
In them
Is remembered fire.

My embrace
Could be that
Of any other
With the exception being
I held you in more
Than mere arms.

I held you in hope
In promise
I held you with purpose
And no other has ever
Touched you like that.

Time is a teaser.
It whispers my name
But takes away my face
Remembers my eyes
But robs you of my smile
Returns my words
But erases the sound
Of my voice.

It is disheartening
What time does
To erode the passions
Of remembered love.

How do I know?
Because it has done
The same
To me.

1 comments:

Nic said...

Hello James,

I've been reading these (they arrive to me by email, so forgive me not clicking and writing comments - sheer laziness). This one struck a chord - literally, hopefully. I was wondering if you'd mind if I had a go at setting this to music. I have been working on a couple of things recently, so I am a little musicked out. But there's something about this poem...

Let me know when you get a chance.

:) N