CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

All That Matters

Early this morning
I stumbled sleepily
To the window
Peeling aside the blind
To see
If the world were
Still there
Still waiting.

It was.

Unsure
If that were good or bad
I dressed
To go meet the world.
But the world is very old
Somewhat senile
And never remembers my name.

So I remind the world
Of my identity.
But I play games with the world.

One day I am a cop
Bold and blustery.

The next day, a poet
Retiring and quiet.

The following day, a servant
Looking to do good.

Someday soon I am going to tell the world
That I do not remember
My identity.
I will ask its advice.....

Who do you say I am?

And the world will say
Poor boy
It never matters who you are.
All that matters is what you do.

0 comments: