CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Impossibly Amazing

Lightening bugs
Spark above grasses
And fields
In tiny combustions
Of energy.

Forty thousand feet above
Summer skies flash
In sheet lightenings
Of fiery magnificence.

Beyond the atmosphere
Solar winds
Light the poles
In dancing
Shimmering displays
Of green and gold.

In spiraling galaxies
Light years distant
Gasses explode
In incredible towers
Of energy.

Light lights light.

Brilliant
Blazes
Burst onto planets
With its own
Flare
Condensing finally upon
Little insects
Flickering and twinkling
Microcosms of fathomless
Glory.

The heavens glisten
And gleam
In concentric circles
Of pulsing displays
In glorious
Light.

It is all impossibly
Amazing.

1 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

You are a gifted poet, my friend. I love the way this one soars out into the universe and then zooms back in on those incredible animals. If I wasn't a believer, I'd lean more toward believing in God after reading your piece. Lovely.

I know I've said this before, but I never let a post of yours go by. Usually I am not sitting at my computer and can't seem to comment on my phone. Oh, it's a smart phone all right - it's just that the operator isn't so smart. Thanks for keeping it up. Now that I'm on summer break - sort of - I'll be back at posting more regularly next week.

Your faithful reader - Tim