CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

An Open Letter From Temptation

I have been watching you.
Perhaps you felt an invisible hand
Pulling from the shadows
Drawing you back.
But I never touched you.
I have no intention
Of so doing.

It is enough that you know
I am here.
I am always here.

I am the construct
Of your misgivings
Your hidden notions
And unprofessed desire.

I have always been watching you.

Eventually you will turn a corner
Into my chill embrace.
But, I think you know that
And you both fear and welcome
Our interview.

You cannot “unturn” a corner.
There is no backtracking.
Ah, but I will explain in more detail
When we meet.

In the meantime
I will be watching you.

I am always watching.

1 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Ah... creepy but effective. We all have them. Drink, drugs, skin, smoke. We must constantly be on our guard lest we fall in.