CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Dollars to Dimes

Messed this shoulder up one winter.
Blew this knee out chasing streets.
Had my heart attack one autumn
And it knocked me off my feet.

My right hand is nerve damaged.
Got that with my TBI.
Family all gathered at my bedside.
Guess they thought that I would die.

Got shot at in Chicago
When I was trapped in a crossfire.
Thank the Lord that guy missed me.
Shoulda aimed a little higher.

I’ve got lots of scars you can’t see
‘Cuz they aren’t carved upon my skin.
Guess I’m responsible for most
But I’d do it all again.

But, mister, don’t call me “boy.”
And I sure ‘nuff ain’t your son.
I can tell you don’t know me
Or you’d go home and get your gun.

I may smile when I want to.
I may frown from time to time.
But if you really want to try me
I’m holding dollars to your dimes.

0 comments: