CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Guess He Forgot*

Late last night
My best dog bit me
Just before he
Grabbed the dinner off my plate.

I snatched that
Critter up
By his collar
And made him throw up all he ate.

It ain’t no good
When I can’t trust
My little pal
To keep his distance from my food.

Tell ya what, though
The worst part
Is that he
Put me in a rotten mood.

But I forgave him
And started feelin’ bad
That I reacted
The no-good, crazy way I did.

I packed his things
Then showed him to the door.
Buddy musta forgot
When it comes to chicken, I do not kid.


*Yeah, Buddy did bite me. And he sure 'nuff grabbed the chicken off my plate. But I didn't make him vomit (he did that on his own), nor did I pack his gear and head him out the door. But I thought about it. Reckon he loves fried chicken as much as I. We negotiated...next time he gets a leg or a wing. Maybe both. (But, according to the treaty, I get one tooth for every bite he gives me). Wink/Grin.

0 comments: