CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 19, 2020

The Persistent Little Sparrow


Beyond the window of my truck
On a frosty winter's morning
a small brown sparrow
kept pace with me.

I watched him struggle
against the winter wind
his head tucked low
almost into his breast.

Never before had any bird
conducted flight in this manner.
I thought him brave, determined 
and gallant in his mission.

Suddenly, it seemed the little sparrow
headlonged into a plate of invisible glass.
The small body seemed to crumple
twisting into the roadside rubble.

The sight unnerved me.
Jesus sees even the death of sparrows
scripture assures the believer.
If so, am I to be the sparrow?

We rush and we chase, determined 
to achieve our goals, mindless
of the glass plates awaiting
our spinning bodies.

I pulled into the gravel
to say a little prayer.
I prayed for the amazing little sparrow
and the driven sparrow within us all.








0 comments: