CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2014

Thank You.....

I had a rough few days last week, and noted that in this blog, on Wednesday. I'm still having trouble, but I'm back in the saddle. Many of you have been reading this blog since 2010.

Naturally, I don't know most of you, but it's enough to know you read my work. I don't post every comment. Those most personal I tuck in my heart, and think of you thinking of me. Thank you. Your prayers and well-wishes are very important to me.

I've had a difficult life. Who hasn't? Sometimes I hear your stories, and am amazed at your resiliency. Champions are not those who don't get knocked down. A champion is one who gets up one time more than he falls. That's the man I strive to be. I'm not being upset by a human enemy. Were that so, I could defend myself. My problem is my body has some stout mileage on it. Like you, I have scars on the outside, and the inside. Some of those scars are deep and painful. But, until the time comes I can no longer be patched up, I intend to battle on. We can do that together.

This is a good time to remind you that you can write me at Coldrainandwind@aol.com. You don't even have to tell me your name. You can remain completely anonymous. I won't pry, I promise. I'd love to hear from you. I won't turn you into a poem, or tell anybody else about you. But this can be a forum (I've said before that I imagine this a "front porch" where friends meet). If you write me, I'll respond. When you read my poetry I view it as a kindness. I think if I weren't being read I'd dry up and blow east with the "Cold Rain and Wind."

Once again...thank you for stopping by. If this is your first visit, I hope you'll come again. There's always a rocker and glass of Arkansas sweet tea ready for you. Every so often a Monarch butterfly flutters past. Maybe someday she'll stay. Never can tell, can you?

~~ James

1 comments:

Ron said...

I'll read every one every time. Count on it.