CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Ice Queen

Forgive me.
I thought I knew you.
From behind
You looked just like
Someone I loved once
But that was long ago.

Forgive me.
Your hair is just like hers
Falling soft upon your shoulders
Catching the mornings rays
And casting its golden light
Back to my eyes
Exactly as does yours.

Forgive me.
You wear the same scent
And nothing is as powerful
As alluring
As that bouquet you use.
It really is jolting
I know it so well.

Forgive me.
Your lips are exactly as hers
Perfectly shaped as a small bow.
You even use the same color.
I thought I’d know them anywhere
I was so familiar with hers.

Forgive me.
You carry yourself
Just as she.
Dignity and grace mark your way
With just the touch of mystery and allure.
How could I be so mistaken?

Forgive me.
Your voice is nearly like hers
With the exception that hers
Is much warmer and inviting
Seasoned with love and passion.
In hers’ was no echo of the stranger.

Forgive me.
I must not keep you.
I truly believed I would know her
When we met again.
I believed she would be as pleased
As I
To reconnect
After all these years of trouble and dismay.

But you are not her.
I knew the moment you spoke
You could not be her.
Her countenance would not be that
Of the Ice Queen
Nor would her eyes be cold
And her face chiseled.

You could never be her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came upon this poem and am thinking you write as though you have had many loves, but one love holds your heart forever. Would that be a true statement of this work you have written? Might you actually see this person again? Have you thought of re-conne,ting with this old love? I am sorry if I have been too personal. Thank you for your poetry. It reaches, it touches.