CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Alone in the World

I am alone in the world
And find this state
To be preferred.

I owe no man explanation
As to my contrary nature.

I may spit into the wind
Without discomfort
Other than my own chagrin.

I may sleep through the day
And need offer no reason
For my tardy spirit.

I may scowl without correction
Be knowingly wrong without reprimand
And grumble without cause.

I may feint to the right
And hasten left
With no pedestrian care.

I may eat considerably
Or not at all (my predilection)
With no patronizing remark.

I may cast a shadow
(Preferably into a lake)
Without notice or apology.

There is no political urgency
No familial kickstand
No gratuitous kindness
No premeditated rudeness
No romantic urgency
And no yearning for approval.

I may mix tuna in my ice cream
If I choose (which I do not).
If I desire I may wax my rental car
As ridiculous that may be.

I may curse the dark
While sitting in the light.

I may lounge the day away
In a tub of yogurt
And no one know nor care.

I may babble incomprehensibly
Snort when I laugh
And take my tea with squirrel milk
And nobody mind.

I may be thoroughly mad
(And indeed could be!)

Though not an exhaustive list
My point is made.

Being alone in the world
Offers many perks
Chief of which is being wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

And even I don't care.

0 comments: