CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 23, 2015

An Aside to Sheriff Walt Longmire*

I don’t know much of you, Sheriff
But I’d certainly like to know.
I don’t know the things that drive you
But they keep you on the go.

I know your past is haunted.
I guess that’s why you wear that star.
It keeps you sane and grounded.
Helps you remember who you are.

I’d like to know you better, Sheriff.
I suppose that’s a bold request.
I know you hold your friends close
But your enemies closer to your vest.

I suppose the mountains of Wyoming
Are a very long way from here.
But time and distance can lessen
And draw nearer than they appear.

Anyway, I thought I’d tell you, Sheriff
That I think you’re an amazing man.
You’ve set the bar pretty high
But I’ll do the best I can.

In the meantime, I’ll see you, Sheriff
Within the pages of your book.
I’ve read every one of them, Sheriff.
I guess I’m on the hook.


*The legendary Sheriff of (mythical) Absaroka County, Wyoming, as told by master storyteller, Craig Johnson. I’ve read every book, and recommend them to avid readers and all fans of the mystery genre. Winter is an especially good season to settle in with an excellent book. Turn your TV off and your imagination on!

0 comments: