CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Keep Driving

Driving to the Shell station
I filled my tank with gas
Then drove out the interstate
And threw away my past.

My future stretched before me
Somewhere down that road.
As the miles rolled and piled up
I felt the lessening of my load.

I rolled the window down
And turned the music up.
The tunes were all familiar
Like sweet wine in my cup.

Dusk fell so slowly.
Cars turned their headlights on.
They seemed like glowing pearls
With the setting of the sun.

Maybe it will be tomorrow.
Perhaps I will know next week.
My life has reached a crossroads
But I don’t know what to seek.

I guess the answer is keep driving
So, I’ll hold on to this wheel.
Down the road I’ll find my answer
And see what tomorrow may reveal.

0 comments: