CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Presumed Victory

You’re not being helpful
She said.

I offered no defense.
It would not satisfy anyway.

What do you intend to do for me?
She asked.

My lack of response communicated
My intention.

She used expletives that surprised
Even me.

I did not fire back.

She insulted my mother
Then suggested I commit acts
That were physically impossible.

She drew closer.
The odor of menthol cigarettes
Was overpowering.
Neither did I move
Nor break eye contact.

You are the worst
The very worst man
On the face of the earth!


I shrugged.

She executed a perfect right heel
And strode away
Presuming victory.

It hardly mattered to me.
Victory is usually what you claim
When you have nothing else.

1 comments:

Ron said...

She insulted your mother? That's ... that's MY mother!