CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Vet's Tutorial

Son, those old colors there
Hanging on my wall
Are more than just rags.
They help me stand tall.

My great grand daddy carried them
At Gettysburg, with Meade.
In Cuba, Gramps did the same
Before he was shot off his steed.

My uncle fought with Pershing
In the Great War.
He was mortared and gassed
But he knew what he died for.

Pa was with Bradley
Through Belgium and France.
Outside Aachen he was wounded
With the 2rd Armored’s advance.

I carried that flag, too
In Vietnam’s battle of Hue.
I come out pretty scared
But I’m mostly okay.

My son serves that flag now
Somewhere near Kabul.
I say he’s a hero
Though you call him a fool.

So boy, don’t you come around here
Disrespecting that flag.
When you do, I gotta big truck
Needing something to drag.

0 comments: