CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Rescued*

I have a little dog.
He’s no more than ankle high.
He was beaten and abandoned
Until I happened by.

I took him home
Fed him, and gave him a bath
Provided him shelter
From some fool’s wrath.

That little dog loves me.
He thinks I’m a king.
I believe, if he could
That little dog would sing.

Here’s the truth, people
If you’ve read me this far...
We all are broken
Beaten and scarred.

But the Father loves you
And welcomes you in
His family, and kingdom
If you’ll turn from your sin.

He found me and loved me
A long time ago.
He washed away my sins
And made me whiter than snow.

Like I did my little dog
God rescued me too.
He will do the very same always...
Even for you.


*This is as simple as I can make it; my proclamation of faith. If you have not called upon Jesus for rescue, I urge you to do so right now. If you will, you will be amazed at his amazing love. Turn from your past sinful life, and ask his forgiveness. Invite him into your heart. His love for you is boundless, and his provision is sure.

P.S..."Buddy" is all healed up, clean and happy. He sleeps under my arm every night...but if a stranger gets between him and me, that stranger will taste the fury of little Buddy. He would die for me. But that will never be necessary. He has yet to learn who is the Protector and who is the Protectee.

0 comments: