CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2016

Say My Name

You can tell me what you need
And I’ll listen all night long.
You can tell me that you love me
Even put it in a song.

You can tell me all your dreams
And show me how you live.
You can open all your treasures
And give all that you can give.

But let me ask you, baby
If, to you, it’s all the same
All I’m really needing
Is that you say my name.

You can whisper words of love
And promise me you’ll never go.
You can hold onto me tightly
But there’s only one thing I must know.

Does my name rest lightly on you?
Or does it flare in you like flame?
Do you really want to love me?
Please, baby, say my name.

Lovers make many promises.
They craft words that sound so sweet.
But let’s be honest, baby
Their flames contain no heat.

Lovers say their love’s eternal.
They say they’ll suffer every pain.
They believe what they are saying
But they are storm clouds without rain.

Just let me ask you, baby
If, to you, it’s all the same
All I’m really needing
Is that you say my name.

0 comments: