CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Called to Account

I am just a poor boy
With the outlook of one
Who has starred too long
Into the sun.

Perceptions become doctrine
And doctrine prescribes actions.
Actions, ultimately build a life.
Therefore, my life has been a construct
Of materials
(Often shoddy)
Reduced to things I thought I saw
Or believed to be true.

I am the prime character
In the drama of my tale.
I am the general
Commanding the army
Of my ideas
Whether poor or noble
But probably both.

I perceive I have been
For all my years
Too much on the offensive.
I have contested boundaries.
I have gained and yielded territory.

Someday
When called to account for my actions
And to answer 
For pain I have inflicted 
And for the blitzkrieg beyond my boarders
I shall have but one answer
Brutally true…

...I have attacked
Because I was too weak to defend.

2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

I love how deprecating and seemingly autobiographical this is. I can connect as well. We have all inflicted as well as received pain. I appreciate your honesty.

The Dashboard Poet said...

Well, Tim...this one is my honest personal appraisal of my 62 years on this planet. It is all me. I wish I had been a better man. Perhaps I yet will be.