CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Wrong Thing Right*

I never said the right thing
But I said the wrong thing right.
I’d sleep the whole, entire day
Then I’d stay out all night.

She’d lean upon my shoulder
And cry for just awhile.
But I’d tell her to shut her mouth
And drive another mile.

All she ever asked me for
Was a little bit of love.
All I ever gave that girl
Was the fist inside my glove.

I can’t say what makes a woman
Love a fool like me.
She was just a tiny little boat
Swallowed by an empty sea.

Nights are long and lonely now
Ever since she run away.
I wonder where she went off to
But thoughts like that don’t pay.

It ain’t exactly pain I feel
‘Cause I don’t feel anything.
But if lies and hurt were castle walls
I’d be her lord and king.


*Nope. I have my own stories, but this tale isn't one of them.

0 comments: