CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Jenny

Tie a string on the ground
Then as you fly all around
That string becomes highways
You may follow.

It will stretch end to end
Become your best friend
As long as you fly
In the daylight.

When the sun sets, rules change
So you’d better arrange
To set it down, eat dinner
And sleep under your wing.

You've set down in soft heather
And awake to good weather 
To continue your
Barnstorming journey.

The air is thinner and colder upstairs
So you’d better beware.
Have a good coat, warm gloves
And eye goggles.

I failed to mention one thing:
My plane’s open wing
It’s a biplane
With a windy open cockpit.

I don’t have a stereo, heater or radio
But it’s truly the way to go
For a fly-freak
And purist, like me.

If I see you, I’ll dip my wing
You may hear me sing
To the music of my century-old
Radial engine.

You may love your car or truck
But I consider it luck
That I’ve been blessed with
My old fashioned Curtiss Jenny!

0 comments: