CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 20, 2016

They Just Don’ Care

Well, the kids put me here last September
And, tell the truth, I don’t remember
Just why it was they did.
But after all, they’re just kids.

I sit at my window, most every day
And I think of how it don’ pay
To take life too serious.
But, ain’t it sure mysterious.

I worked my fingers to the bone
Tryin’ to make my family a home
And now they put me here.
Not one of ‘em lives anywheres near.

My Emily died two years ago
But those kids of ours don’ know
Or even remember the night
She gave up her fight.

My birthday’s sometime next week
But I don’ reckon one of ‘em will seek
To sit by me an hour or two.
Hell, that’s what I would do.

I sure do miss my farm.
Would it have done ‘em any harm
To let me end things there?
But I guess they just don’ care.

0 comments: