CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Dominate Theme*

As I age
I grow more familiar
With loss.
The departure of family
And friends
Into what appears
From this perspective
As a dense and impenetrable fog
Becomes  increasingly
A dominate theme.

I wonder whether tears
Is a fair measure of devotion.
You see
I no longer weep for the loss.

But I sigh.

Perhaps more is said in the sigh
That may ever be expressed in tears.

I now see I am also in the stream of time.
Soon
I will bobble toward the falls
And jet over the edge
Into the roiling mist.

When I do
Do not weep for me.

But you may sigh.


* Yesterday I lost a dear friend. Today another. Death is a formidable foe, and its wounds cut deeply. I have been doing much sighing of late.

0 comments: