CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 30, 2017

Tart Apples


How empty was the beach 
That November morning. 
She and I were the only ones 
Disturbing the wide sandy strand  
With our footprints.


The weary lighthouse
Stood as sentinel
On the promontory
Surrounded by a narrow railing
And concrete walkway.

Shielded from eyes
That were not there anyway
We walked to the far side
Of the lighthouse.
I leaned against the edifice
And she into me
Back to belly.
My arms secured her
While we watched the waves
Nip at the beach.
Her long hair caught the breeze
Like the unfurling of a bright banner.

She turned into me
With a laugh as clear as a bell
And she kissed me.

Her kiss was free and wanting.
The crisp air and rhythm of the waves
Disappeared.
The entire universe condensed
Into her searching kiss.

Eventually we walked back to my car
And found a small café
For coffee and Danish.

But my heart returns
To the lake side of that lighthouse
Remembering her kiss
That was like a bookmark
In a long novel.

A man may have hundreds
Perhaps thousands of kisses
In his life
Each categorized into some file
In his fading memory.

If lucky
He may have one kiss like hers
Innocent yet wanton
On a grey November morning
Standing on the weather side
Of a century-old lighthouse
Her kiss like tart apples
Upon lips of pearl.

0 comments: