CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I Was Sorta Wondering

Let’s say
Five or ten years ago
You thought you saw me
Walking past a drugstore
Where you were picking up
A prescription for this or that
Would you hurry from the store
To see if it really were me?

Or, let’s say
A couple years ago
You were getting all comfy
In first class
And you thought you saw me
Scrunched down in coach
Would you set aside
Your white wine
And shuffle down the aisle
Into the Land of the Forlorn
To see if it really were me?

Or, let’s say
Just now
You were reading a goofy poem
That made you think of me
Would you skip to the credit
To scan for the author’s name
Hoping to see
That I really wrote that poem
Because I was thinking about you
Because I’ll always love you
Because you are the center of
The greatest joy of my life
And when you discovered
It really was me writing about you…
Well…

What would you do then?

0 comments: