CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A Dancing Dot

Watching the little boy struggle
Launching his kite
I considered lending
Some learned instruction.
But thought better of it
Remembering that any interaction
With a child
However innocent
Is an invitation to a lengthy
Prison stay.

So I settled to watch from a distance.

The boy ran with the kite
And every time it would nose
Into the ground.

After several such attempts
He suddenly decided to await
A good breeze
Paying out the line
Little by little.
Soon the bright orange kite took wings
And soared proudly
A dancing dot against the sky.

The boy learned to tug and encourage
His paper friend
And quickly he became an ace
Kite pilot.

After some time
I arose from my seat on the ground
Feeling the play of the wind
At my coat
And being tugged back to the office
I knew it was time to fly
Just a dancing dot in the city.

0 comments: