CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mister

It’s a sorrowful thing
Ain’t it, mister?
To see how life just
Drifts away?

It’s a downright shame
Ain’t it, mister?
To have to go
When you want to stay?

And I was thinkin’
Just now, mister
‘Bout how love
Goes all to hell

When you do the best
You can, mister
Only to see it
All go down the well.

But, that’s how it goes,
Ain’t it, mister?
When you think
You’ve loved so hard and pure

Only to find out
Nothin’ matters, mister
‘Cuz love ain’t certain
Though you thought it was sure.

But I guess
That’s what I get, mister
For trustin’
A woman’s heart.

The crazy thing
About it is, mister
I thought we were
Off to a pretty good start.

I think I’ll just
Go now, mister
And get on
Down the road.

But it’s really
A damn shame, mister
‘Cuz a broken heart
Is a frightful load.

0 comments: