CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Taking a Breather

The nearer the crest
The thinner the air.

My lungs burn
Squeezing as much life
As possible
From what little’s available.

I need to slow down
And take a breather.

The closer the top
The looser the rock.

I’ve tumbled some
And dodged what loose shale I could
But I’ve taken a hit or two.
My body has the marks
As proof of struggles I’ve had.

The nearer the summit
The better the view.

Scanning the landscape
I see the rivers
Valley fog
And circling hawk.
I can see home from here.

Before I gain the peak
I think I’ll settle in
Drink some air
Tend my wounds
And enjoy the scenery.

It’s been a hard climb
But I’ve got time
Before dark falls.
I think I’ll hold on
Appreciate what it's taken
To get this far.

I'm taking a breather.

0 comments: