CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Softly Walk Away

I’ve got bruises
You don’t know about
And scars
You’ll never see.

I’ve got fears
I don’t talk about
From things that
Got past me.

I’ve got losses
I haven’t figured yet
Things that scare me
In the dark.

I’ve got memories
I can’t let go
That flames
Like gas burst by a spark.

I’ve got pains
That pills can’t touch
Sheer torment
In my soul.

And I’ve got pills
For every complaint
That push me
Deeper in my hole.

I’ve got demons
That shriek out loud
Driving me crazy
In my brain.

I’ve got enemies
You don’t know
That press me
Like a driving rain.

If you ever
Got to know me
I doubt
You’d stay for long.

Because if you
Really got to know me
It might cut the rhythm
From your song.

So thanks
For slowing down a bit
And sharing the time
Of day.

But for the sake
Of your own good soul
It’s best to softly
Walk away.


0 comments: