CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Run*

There’s no return
From whence I came
And if there were
It wouldn’t be the same.

If I could go back
And do it all again
I wouldn’t change a thing
Not who, what, or when.

I’d let everything happen
The pleasure and the pain
I’d let it all roll
Let it fall like rain.

All that has happened
Has made me who I am
Every tear and laugh
Times I walked, flew or swam.

I’m thankful for the journey
The straight-aways and the twists
The only regret I have
Are the experiences I’ve missed.

On the day I go meet Jesus
In His home up in the sky
I intend to go exhausted
When I come to die.

Every corpuscle and organ
Every finger and every toe
I want to go all used up
When my time has come to go.

I’m going to finish this 'ol rodeo
No matter if I lost, or if I've won
There won't be a whole lot left of me
From my time beneath the sun.
------------------------------------------------

*It should go without saying, but maybe it doesn't...by "Not changing a thing," I do not mean 9/11. I would do anything, give anything, pay any price to change that. This poem is strictly about the horses in my own corral.

0 comments: