CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Peace Hope Safety

I have not seen you
Since the world changed
Since the Pale Rider
Galloped
And everything morphed
Into this Salvador Dali.

It’s been so long
And it’s all so different
I hardly remember the way it was
How it used to be.

It’s naive
To think we have not also changed
Along with our world.

When the seas change
Do the creatures of the waters
Not alter with their environment?

When the air pollutes
Does it not transform every flying thing?

Ten years ago
I died.
We all died
On that day.
Yet we live
In a reconstitution
Of our former selves.

Were I to see you again
Would I recognize you?
Or you me?

We cannot go back.
That is simply
Not
Possible.

But I remember you
Who you were
Before our dust was disturbed
By the galloping horse.
You were
Peace
Hope
And safety.

But that was then.
There will never again be a place of
Peace
Or Hope
Or Safety.
So neither you
Nor I
Can offer the other
What no longer exists.

But
I remember who you once were.

And that is the hardest thing of all.





0 comments: