CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rockin' From Dusk to Dawn

Ya gotta love a little place
That spills music across the floor
Where windows are smudged with rhythm
And drums pound two to four.

I knew a dive like that
Down by the muddy river
That grabbed me ‘round the lungs
And gave my spleen a shake ‘n shiver.

You’ll love that hole in the wall!
You can breathe in a place like that
Where the tunes play all night long
Every player's a funky cat.

Laughter and music fill the air!
You’ll feel vibes from your hat to your shoe
Every wall pounds with pulse
And the floorboards are worn clear through.

I’m sure it’s still down by the river
Rockin’ from dusk to dawn
But I seem to have lost its address
Since I’ve moved to Saskatchewan.

To find it, turn an ear to the sky
And follow that down ‘n dirty beat.
You’ll soon find yourself at that shack
Where sweet music is the fiery heat!

0 comments: