CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 28, 2014

Dear Anonymous Commentator,
Thank you for your kind words, and for reading The Ice Queen (March 12, 2014).. To answer your questions, the woman I wrote about was a true love, whom I have not seen in many, many years. She is the subject of an imaginary reunion, in which she cannot show me the love she once so freely shared. She is the "Ice Queen." In time past, she was everything but that. Of course, I miss her very much. But time goes on for all of us. It changes us at our core. But the old passions remain sweet, and cherished in memory.
I would love to see her again, but cannot actively seek her out. I've learned to not kick down doors time has wisely sealed. Although, to be honest, to learn of her life these years later would be wonderful. Memory is an incredible thing, isn't it? In my memory she's still here, and always will be. I hope she reads my poetry, but unless she tells me, I'll never know. One can hope.
You suggested I have had many loves. Well, a gentleman can't rightly affirm, nor deny that, can he? It's the old "kiss and tell" rule. She was an amazing lady, and I'm certain still is. I hope she still thinks well of me.
Thanks again for reading. I hope you'll come again.
~ James

0 comments: