CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Scattering

The universe neither knows me
Nor seeks to know me.
She does not regard what I think
What I’ve done
Nor does she intend to do so.

The universe is ambivalent
Concerning me.

Though I have made considerable effort
To draw her attention
She enthusiastically ignores me.
It is not that I am dead
To the universe
It is that I have never existed
Nor ever will exist.

I have sent signals
Messages
Launched flares
Kindled fires
Proffered deals
Wooed her
Pled with her
Bowed my knee to her
And behaved salaciously
Concerning her.
Still the universe ignores me.

I’ve developed my last strategy.
Beginning now
I will act as though the universe
Does not exist.
I will return ten-fold
The humility she has exacted
Upon me.

I have shamelessly pursued the universe.
Now she must chase me.
It will be
A kind of collapsing back
Upon myself
That may get her attention.

Perhaps that is what the big bang was…
A massive ploy
To attract by scattering.

Now I will scatter
To see what may be gathered.

0 comments: