CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

From Beyond the Footlights

These years later
My memory drapes you
The way your cotton gown
Once draped
Your enticing young body.

Every nuance of your frame
Was suggested
Against the summer fabric.
It stirred against you
With the lightest
Breath of sky
And I eagerly strained
To see what my eyes
Were always privileged to view
Within
And without the fabric.

Now you have given me
The privilege of memory.

You danced for me
Lover.
Every step you took
Was a ballet
Every turn
A pirouette.

When you stooped
It was as though
You were taking applause
From an audience of one
And the roses I threw
Were the kisses I gave.

I fear there is no return engagement.
I don’t even have a play bill
A signed memento
Or silken kerchief.

Ah, but I have your memory
Dear girl.
And it drapes you well.

Perhaps somewhere
You hear
Even faintly
A cheer
From beyond the footlights.

I hope it pleases you still.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

James,

I feel the sub-conscious memory of the writer reminiscing on days of what was in the etching of mine.

Thanks for sharing.

Forever Etched in Time,
THE GREEK GODDESS
DIANA
the.greek.goddess.diana@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jim........