CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Evermore

Looking into her
Unknowing eyes
Returned me to those
Of a distant time.

The one
Into whose eyes
I looked
Were not the ones
Looking back.

An ancient memory
Bubbled to the surface
Like a spell
From a cauldron
And I was taken
To one
Whose eyes
I cannot forget.

I’m sure it was unnerving
To my visitor
And I am sorry for that moment
Of awkwardness.

It was most disconcerting.

I could smell
The dampness of the grass
Upon which our blanket spread
Hear the caw of a crow overhead
Feel the tussle of the breeze
And the unnerving tease
Of that long-lost summer day.

Even the scudding clouds
Sailing the horizon
Were as the passing of a fleet
Full assail
Then as now.

I wagged my head
In vain effort to dispel
That vintage memory
Hoping to reengage
My innocent and unknowing visitor.

But, oh!
Her eyes were
The vehicle of transport
Removing me
To that distant day
When her flaring eyes
Burned the retina of memory
And seared her image
Into my view
Evermore.

0 comments: